- 27.5”“ (650b) wheels to roll over obstacles with impunity
- Hydraulic Shimano disk brakes for massive stopping power
- Cushy yet puncture resistant Schwalbe Big Ben tires for all-around performance
- Handlebar mounting point for a more compact fold
- Magnetix™ 2.0 lock the bike in place when folded
- Folds in 30 seconds to throw in the back of a car and fast-forward to the good part of the ride
- Get the perfect fit, with one of three sizes
WHEEL SIZE: 27.5" wheels
SPEEDS: 3 x 9
WEIGHT: 14.2 kg (31.3 lb)
FOLDING SIZE: 46 x 95 x 87 cm
FOLDING TIME: 30 sec
FRAME SIZES: M (18")
GEAR INCHES: 18" - 107" (1.47 - 8.55 m)
DISTANCE: SEATPOST TO HANDLEBAR: Min: 630 mm (24.8") Max: 650 mm (25.6")
DISTANCE: SADDLE TO PEDAL: Medium -- Min: 700 mm Max: 930 mm
SUGGESTED RIDER HEIGHT: 142 - 190 cm
MAX LOAD WEIGHT: 105 kg (230 lb)
FRAME: Tern Joe, 7005-AL, OCL Joint, 2 patented technologies
FORK: Aluminum, 6061-AL
STEM: NVO, adjustable, ATS Technology
HEADSET: Cartridge bearings
HANDLEBAR: Riser, double-butted 6061-AL, 31.8mm
GRIPS/BAR TAPE: BioLogic Arx
SADDLE: BioLogic Phia, PrimeGel padding
SEATPOST: 6061-AL, forged clamp
SEATPOST CLAMP: QR, 6061-AL
FRONT BRAKE: Shimano, hydraulic disc
REAR BRAKE: Shimano, hydraulic disc
BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano, hydraulic disc
BRAKE CABLE & HOUSING: Shimano, hydraulic
FRONT HUB: Formula disc, aluminum, QR
REAR HUB: Formula disc, 9 spd aluminum, QR
SPOKES AND NIPPLES: Stainless steel
RIMS: Doublewall aluminum, disc only
TIRES: Schwalbe Big Ben, 50-584, puncture protection, Reflex
SHIFTER(S): Shimano, integrated shift/brake lever set, 3 x 9 spd
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Altus
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Acera, Shadow RD
CRANKSET: Shimano, 44-32-22T, w/ chainguard
CASSETTE/FREEWHEEL: Shimano, 11-32T, 9 spd
BOTTOM BRACKET: Cartridge, sealed bearings
CHAIN: KMC 9 spd
PEDALS: LiteForm QR, alloy body, QR right/standard left
SHIFTER CABLE & HOUSING: Jagwire LEX-SL, anti-compression housing, slick cables, Slick Lube liner, alloy ferrules
BELLS & WHISTLES
BELL: Pitch, brass
KICKSTAND: Deluxe center mount
CLIP SYSTEM: Magnetix 2.0
LUGGAGE SOCKET: No
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.
OCL™ Frame Joint
ADVANCED FOLDING TECHNOLOGY
The key to any folding bicycle is the frame, and specifically, the folding joint at the heart of the frame. Done well, it locks the two halves of the frame together without any hint of movement or sound. It should be easy to operate and work flawlessly year after year. The OCL Joint does all of these things and is a new reference in folding frame technology.
- Stronger by Design Making the hinge taller and moving the pivoting surfaces outward from the center axis more than doubles overall strength and stiffness. It’s a difference you’ll feel from your very first ride.
- Smooth Operation The patented design puts four igus® bearings between the aluminum and stainless steel moving parts so the folding action is always smooth and friction-free.
- Interlocking Joint The front and rear joint surfaces lock together to eliminate torsional movement.
- Easy to Use Large rounded surfaces on the lever and joint bodies are easy on your hands and allow good leverage for easy operation.
- Doubly Safe Close the lever and the AutoLok automatically locks in place, for extra, easy security.
- Floating Point Technology Patented technology allows the lever to fold flat and brace against the joint for protection in transit.
- Serviceable Good things are built to last and that’s why the OCL Joint is designed to be dealer serviceable. We keep every part in stock and if your bearings ever wear out, your dealer can replace them in a few minutes.
- Precision-Machined A machining tolerance of only 50 microns ensures a tight fit and eliminates looseness and rattling.
- Stainless Steel Hardware Cold-worked stainless delivers the durability and reliability needed for daily riding in all weather conditions.
STIFFER BY DESIGN
The rear half of Tern frames use a patented 3D structure we call DoubleTruss to build in extra stiffness. It helps resist torsional forces so our bikes flex less. That means increased stiffness and much better power transfer from the pedals to the rear wheel. The proof’s in the ride.
Compac Fold Technology
BIG BIKE, SMALL FOLD
Designing an uncompromised full size bike to fold into a compact package is a difficult engineering exercise. Compac Fold technology let’s us get a 650B bike down to a usefully small folded package that can easily tossed in a cab, taken on a bus, or stashed in a coat closet.
DESIGNED TO ADAPT
Want your bars higher for more comfort? Lower for more speed? The ingenious NVO stem adjusts in seconds so you get the riding position you want. Even better, the tool for adjusting the stem is hidden in the handlebar.
Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes
ALL-WEATHER STOPPING POWER
Shimano hydraulic disc brakes deliver powerful stopping power in all weather conditions with the touch of a finger.
Schwalbe Big Ben Tires
ROLL OVER ANYTHING
Big Ben’s are like monster truck tires for your bike. They roll over anything and cushion your ride. But they’re built with top notch rubber so you can get them up to high pressure and still roll fast on the road.
KEEP IT TOGETHER
The Magnetix 2.0 uses powerful magnets to keep your bike folded for situations like carrying your bike up and down stairs. With a pull force 10-15 Kgf, the Magnetix 2.0 will keep your bike folded even when being jostled and moved about.